A Toast to ALL Mom's: Happy Day!!!!

Happy Mother's Day Sunday! Time flies by so quickly and today marks an amazing day for most women in the world.  To wake up and have one day all about you. Breakfast in bed. Gifts from your significant other. Gifts from your children. Gifts from your fur babies. Whatever your day looks like, I hope it is an amazing one at that.


Being step-mom is such a joy, especially to such a special girl like Kallie. She completes my circle. Makes me smile. Makes me laugh. Keeps me real. Keeps me grounded. No matter how long or difficult a day or week may feel, putting LIFE in perspective through the eyes of a child shifts everything. To know I have a greater purpose in this world makes me work harder each day. To be a good role model. To provide support and guidance. To be a person she can trust. To love. That is what makes life important and worth each step.

I am lucky to be surrounded by so many moms. Whether it be my own mom, my mother-in-law, my grandma, aunts, cousins, my friends who make such amazing mother's, I find inspiration from each. It's actually quite funny to me, taking the seat of a mother and realizing how much your mother knew when you were younger. Especially coming from me, I knew everything, or so I thought. Sometimes I hear my own mother come out of my mouth as I have conversations with my step-daughter, and I chuckle. Too funny!


Being a mom is a special job. An important job. A job that never stops. One day a year to honor the work, love and support a mom has, is so monumental. We should start to sprinkle a little bit of this one day into every day to show the true appreciation we have.

Now, I can't forget about my furrrbaby Kaya....I never thought I would be able to get a puppy with Brad. His allergies are terrible, so I kind of gave up hope. Then the day came, when we adopted a Kaya. WOW. The unconditional love a dog brings to your life is something so magical. While I was sick, Kaya and I bonded on a level that has made our companionship so much stronger. She knew I was sick, even before we knew. She would lay on my heart and lick my face. The intuition of an animal is so beautiful, and we are so very lucky to have this pup in our life.


I have to say that for me, I am a very lucky woman. To have my beautiful little family, and know how hard we have worked for what we have. Life isn't supposed to be easy, but it is supposed to be worthwhile. We walk through life and deal with whatever is thrown in our direction, knowing the lesson will be to learn from whatever we are faced and appreciate each moment for what it is. I love my life, my family, all the mom's I am surround with.


So here's to an amazing Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there. It is your time and your special day. Soak it up. Love it. Enjoy and stay present in this moment. Until next year, Happy Mother's Day to you! To light, love and happiness!!! <3 Ash

Comments

  1. Ok, take #2!

    Ash, you are such an amazing and inspirational woman! I love to read your blogs because I can feel you telling me these things, I actually read this and can hear your voice. It makes me feel so much closer to you! Not only that, but you truely make me think and grow everytime I read one of these and I will always be greatful for that! You are an amazing step-"mom", pup-mom, wife, daughter and the one that touches me the most, friend, in the greatest sense of the word. You make me remember that it will be ok, and it will all work out! You inspire me with out even knowing it! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts