Find What You Love & Live It!!!

I have been thinking a lot this past week on what I wanted to write about today. We have watched a few documentaries that have inspired some thought, but I wasn't sure if it would take up an entire blog, but I am going to give it a shot.

We have been watching this documentary series on Netflix called 'Chef's Table," which showcases chefs all across the world and there passion for food, cooking and education. Each chef walks a very unique path and wants to share their passion and vision with the world around them.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

The first chef I wanted to discuss is Niki Nakayama, from Los Angeles, because I am so fascinated by her eye for detail and her passion for cooking. In an industry that can be so hard for a woman to break through, it was a pretty amazing story.  I like her approach to cooking as it were to be an art form. I loved the restaurant she owns, it stays very busy, but is by reservation only, so her meals are customized specifically to the customer. I think her approach is groundbreaking and inspiring for many reasons. I hope I have an opportunity to visit her restaurant one day.

The second chef I wanted to speak of is Francis Mallmann, from Argentina. I envy this man, he has worked very hard in his life to just live a simple one. His approach to cooking is using the environment around him. He is inspired by the earth he lives in and chooses to travel to gain his inspiration. He lives on an island in which he is surrounded by woods and beautiful scenery. There is one part of the episode where he steamed a fish he caught with his own hands, using clay he dug up from the lake he was surrounded with. Truly mind-blowing. Those who work for him seem to not only enjoy the experience but respect what he does and how he does it. He also made it a point to discuss how he enjoys working with new chefs beginning their careers, to help inspire them in a different way. Again, another extremely unique approach to cooking and a focus on working as a team with others.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

The final chef I wanted to speak of is named Massimo Bottura, from Italy.  He is a very proud chef who is inspired by those around him but also inspired most by his own work. He surrounds himself with family and other inspiring chefs. He uses his gift of cooking as an art form and to watch the way he works in the kitchen is very intriguing. He, as the other chefs had a long career of proving himself and his worthiness in the industry, and it truly paid off.

The parts of this documentary that I truly enjoy is the fascination and continued growth these chefs go through daily. Each chef never stops trying to learn something new or even doing something different to win their clientele over again. To always remember what your focus is and to not lose sight of that for one minute. Its all about being your authentic self and owning it.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

We can all learn something from watching this documentary, it boils down to finding what you love and never giving up on it, no matter how hard the road. Sometimes there will be detours, but if you love something enough, you will always find your way back.

I wanted to write about this because it brings me back to my own passions and what I love. Always trying to educate myself without overwhelming myself. In this big world we live in and the lasting impression it shall leave.  There comes a point in our life where we can choose the impression it will leave, if we fight hard enough.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

What it all really comes down to is finding what you are truly connected with and living that to the fullest. To never stop being a student, to live and love with compassion. To never give up. To stay educated. To always have the desire to be better than who you were yesterday. To not compare your own journey with those around you because they will always remain unique. To embrace where you are in your life, no matter what the stage. Find what you love and live it! To light, love and happiness!!!! <3 Ash

Comments

Popular Posts