Be Kind...Be True...Be You!!!

Another Sunday has arrived and I am a happy lady. My husband and I have started a new series "The Game of Thrones," woah! We can't stop watching, every moment we have on our couch, I am loving these lazy days of marathons. I have also been on cloud 9 this weekend. I taught my first yoga class yesterday after close to six months of being away. I wanted to take some time today to really talk about this and share why it is so important for each of us to live and breath our calling.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

I am not at my 100% by any stretch of the imagination, yet, I found the courage to step back into the seat of the teacher. How much I have missed this! I had a beautiful class of about 10 students ready to leave everything on their mat. All over again, I have been inspired and reborn into a Yoga teacher. I find this happens every now and again, to truly be humbled by such an experience. To do something positive in this world. To give back. I love this and I know this is my true calling.

Coming off of a not so great Friday of a situation that arose at work. I won't go into great detail by a stretch, but what I can say, is I question daily, why? What is the passion that keeps me going at something that I don't find true passion. Whether this is a right or wrong reason, for now my day job provides security, health insurance and work life balance that can allow for me to live out my purpose and calling. One day, I know for a fact, I will be able to live my calling full-time and can't wait for that moment, but for now I must accept my present circumstance and know it plays a part in my greater goals, and for that I am grateful. Sometimes I will have to remind myself of this, but no matter how foggy times get, I have to be thankful.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

The gratification that is felt when making a difference in the world is truly a gift. Sometimes this can be a very difficult thing to explain because it is a feeling, deep in my bones that makes be so happy I cant contain it. I smile from ear to ear for hours at times, or have fleeting moments that make me smile for no reason. When someone thanks you for being their and bringing them a little escape from their day-to-day, or for your smile, or your words, or teaching them the best HPF class, nothing can beat it. At least not career wise.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

Making a difference in this world is something that is truly important for me. This started at a young age, when I started public speaking with my Uncle Kip on AIDS Education. Knowledge is power. I had the blessing of being introduced to helping others at a young age and this is something that must continue. This is my obligation.

So I ask this question of you, what is that one thing in this world that makes you feel you are making a difference? Maybe it isn't just one, maybe its five. Whatever that is for you, define it? What makes you smile each day? What is the passion that drives you?

If the above are difficult questions for you, try and narrow down what is important to you. Here are some areas that are important for me....

  • Be a good wife/mother/daughter/cousin/niece/sister/granddaughter/friend
  • To give back
  • Stay humble and never take anything for granted
  • To be kind
  • Have a happy home
Now as you can see from some of the above there are a lot of things that I find to be important, and each of the above could be defined in many other ways and a lot goes in to each of those. What I know is this.....
  • Who you live your life with is key
  • What you do for a living is key
  • What you give back is key
  • What you leave behind is key
I am so happy to have had a little taste of a sliver of my life that is so important back. I see things from a very different light these days and I am more dedicated to being a better me than ever before. Leaving something behind is important and I may not know what that is yet, or maybe it has already happened. Own who you are and what you are meant to be in this world. Live it to the fullest.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

Love life...Live life...Never Regret only Learn. Here's to living your true calling and knowing we are all meant to do something great. To light, love and happiness!!!! <3 Ash

Comments

Popular Posts