SuperFood Thursday: Loving me some Avocado's

Superfood Thursday...the first of many! Today's blog is all about one of my most FAVORITE fruits of all time and a fantastic SUPERFOOD...Avocados!!!!!!!! Now I am not just talking Guacamole, I am talking all kinds of great ideas you can use with this fruit and not only that but the nutritional benefits and why consuming one avocado daily is ideal. So here we go.........

Did you know that avocados contains TWICE the amount of potassium than bananas...say what?! 


I know that it can be intimidating to enjoy a fruit that is so high in fat but don't let that steer you away from the MASSIVE health benefits this fruit has for you. Check out the nutritional facts below-


Now some of the above numbers can be scary, I get it! Coming from someone who was on Weight Watchers, the idea of one thing that could take up between 3-6 points wasn't imaginable. Especially if it was an addition to something else, I couldn't do it. Once I started realizing that avocados were a healthy fat, yes, I said HEALTHY FAT and all the other benefits, it was kind of hard to turn away. 

Here are some other nutritional facts for avocado's on the vitamins and minerals it can provide for your body-



As I became more comfortable with the idea of just living and eating avocado's I have a few favorite ways to prepare them. Here are some ways I love to use avocado's-

  • Homemade Guacamole
  • Avocado Alfredo Sauce 
  • Avocado's w/ an over-easy egg
  • Simple Avocado w/ salt and pepper
  • Grilled Avocado to compliment anything
  • Avocado spread 



The other big challenge that keep people from buying avocado's is they don't last. With that being said, here is a link with some tips on keeping your cut avocado's fresh for a little bit longer. 

http://tiphero.com/testing-6-methods-for-keeping-avocados-from-browning/



I could go on and one about avocado's and their health benefits, but why not start small and work up from there. Next time you are at the store, grab a couple and try something new. Hope you enjoyed today's SuperFood Thursday. To light, love and happiness!!!! <3 Ash

Comments

Popular Posts