A Girl & Her Boots

So I've decided to blog about something a little different today. This has been such an interesting week, I had a moment of clarity on Tuesday. I felt more like myself then I have since October, which was such a beautiful feeling. I just felt good. Accomplished, nourished, energetic, alive and confident. I realized, it was my NEW boots!

Image Courtesy of Google Images

There is something to say about putting on my favorite jeans, sweater, scarf and a pair of boots to make me feel like a new woman.  To feel a little more normal.  Back in December, I made a promise to myself that 2015 would be a minimal spending year, trying to get our finances in order. Last weekend I made a choice to splurge a little on a GREAT deal. I figured after all I have been through, why not treat myself to a new pair of boots, I mean my other ones were falling apart.

I've realized that sometimes when you splurge on yourself a little it can make you feel all shiny and new. The feeling didn't last too long though. My fatigue began to set in on Wednesday evening. My body reminded me, “hey, you aren't quite there yet.”

Image Courtesy of Google Images

My silver-lining, I will take these fleeting moments of health as they come. It shows me there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Even if I have to wear these boots EVERY single day to have that feeling, so be it! I’m looking forward to creating this new me, getting back to my routine of daily exercise, eating healthy and redefining myself in a whole new way. There are some really exciting things on the horizon, I can feel it!!!

So, my message to all of you, splurge a little and pamper yourself however you see fit. Just remember part of recovering should be about redefining the new you. For me, this week, it was all about my boots!

Image Courtesy of Google Images

To light, love and happiness, <3 Ash!


Comments

Popular Posts