Creating My Sunshine


 Image Courtesy of Google Images

Nothing like having a 5am wakeup call from our pup Kaya, you would think she was four-months old NOT a year. With such an early wakeup call, on this snowy Sunday morning I decided to make it productive. It’s a little after 9am and I have already done a couple rounds of dishes, did some MASSIVE food prep for this week (gotta love that), laundry, made the beds in both rooms and cleaned up a little. I would imagine I will have a nice nap in my future today, but at least I have already gotten so much accomplished. It feels great!

I have found that routine can become monotonous at times and even restrictive, but setting myself up for a day of success has become key in my recovery, so I can handle a little dose of routine to kick-off my days.  Each element can change depending on the day of the week. Here are some morning rituals that help me find success and set the tone for a great day.

My Morning Routine
  • Take a moment to catch my breath
  • Wash my face
  • Make the bed
  • Visualize my day
  • Have some breakfast
  • Make lunch to take to work
  • Get ready for my day
Image Courtesy of Google Images

It’s pretty humbling to look at my life and how different it is and how much I have grown as a person. Becoming a stepmom has truly changed my life. Looking at my little family I’ve realized that I am now living my life to make my family better. THAT is such an amazing feeling.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

Doesn’t mean that there aren’t challenging times and compromises that must take place, but I wouldn’t trade my life for anything. I love making decisions to strengthen me, because I know it will strengthen my family. It is such a gratifying feeling and gives my life purpose.

I never would have known that when Brad and I met, that would fall so madly in love with both him and his daughter. I am only lucky woman, who, in one moment, multiplied my life and love. I <3 my family.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

Success means different things to each and every one of us. For me, I have realized that success isn’t always measured by what I am set to accomplish in this world, but the very little miracles that take place in our household.

To see my stepdaughter keep herself from getting in trouble, by sitting herself down to take a few deep breathes, shows me I have made a difference. To know, she likes to grab my yoga books and teach herself a little yoga fills my heart. Or even the couch cuddles we love to have. To listen to her sing Seasons of Love from Rent because I introduced her to the song makes me smile. To see my husband take such amazing care of our household, only makes me fall in love all over again. To have him come over to me out of nowhere and say, “I’m so happy you are my wife.” To see our pup Kaya get up so early because she is simply excited to see us and start her day, as frustrating as the initial wakeup call is, it fills my heart as her tail wags and she gives so many kisses. I mean if I had to rely on someone to take me outside to pee and poop each time I had to go, I would probably go crazy at 5am too! This list could go on for days.

Basically, the bottom line is being appreciative for the hand you were dealt in this world. It may not always go as you have planned, but not dismissing the beautiful memories created along the way.  To know each day you get a chance to create a new memory or even make a little bit of change in this world. That is what excites me, is knowing I will always get a second chance, each day I wake up!

 Image Courtesy of Google Images

My health and wellness journey isn’t just defined with exercise and nutrition, it is also made up of so many other aspects of my life.  In order to find success in those area’s I MUST find balance and appreciativeness in my finances, family, career and many other elements. To know that when I find success in each element of my life, it makes me a much stronger person. We can all have this, just have to work hard for it!

 Image Courtesy of Google Images

A bit scattered today, dealing with many different ideas that came to mind, but I am being honest with where I am this morning and wanted to share with all of you. It’s a little step each day, but I vow to myself to always make progress, even with the smallest step. To not look back with regret, but to look forward with promise. I love my life and what the future has in store.

To life, love and happiness!

<3 Ash



Comments

Popular Posts