Sunday Simplicity

Every time I sit down to write a blog, I really try and dig deep, especially as I find my space of what works and what doesn’t. I want to share myself with this amazing community and give back. However, I also don’t want it to be an always-serious blog dealing with only deep issues. I want it to be fun, informative and exciting. 

So this week is all about my Sunday Simplicity and my families love for Banana Pancakes. I started playing around with this pancake recipe back in the summer months, because I LOVE pancakes, but hate that after feeling you get when you eat them OR all the ingredients that are in the pre-made mixes. I wanted to create something that was DELICIOUS yet healthy; FILLING yet light. So let the fun of experimenting with ingredients begin.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

Tradition is an important element in a family and these pancakes have created this for my family. Something I know Brad, Kallie and myself look forward too on the weekends. Something so simple yet delicious, but adds so much happiness to our mornings. We sit around our table, enjoy our breakfast and true quality time with each other. No TV, No Phones, just us!



Image Courtesy of Google Images

I want to share this recipe with you, so maybe you can also create a little bit of tradition with your own family. Try it on and make any tweaks you need to find the recipe that works for you. It is super easy!!! Hope you all enjoy and if you ever have interest in learning some more recipes or anything else, let me know!!!

To light, love and happiness!

<3 Ash

Banana Pancake Recipe
Qty. 10 pancakes

Ingredients

  • 1 Cup Oatmeal (Use Bob Red Mill Oats for GF Option)
  • 1 Cup Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
  • 1 Full Banana
  • 1 Tbsp. Jiff Natural Peanut Butter 

Extra Ingredients for Serving

  • Spray Grapeseed Cooking Spray
  • 1 Tbsp. Maple Agave Syrup 
  • 1 Tsp. Earth Balance Spread

Directions

  • Heat your oven to 350 degrees, this is a great spot to keep your pancakes warm
  • Place oatmeal in a food processor; I personally use my NutriBullet, because it really grinds the oats to create the flour mix that works best
  • Add Almond Milk, Banana and Peanut butter to your now flour mix and create your pancake batter, turn on your Food Processor or NutriBullet and wait till your pancake batter forms
  • Use a flat skillet and generously spray with Grapeseed Oil
  • Spread batter into the size pancakes you will enjoy
  • Flip and keep an eye to make sure they brown just perfect
  • Place pancakes in oven to keep warm as you work through all the batter
  • Plate up, add butter and syrup and ENJOY!

Hot Tips!
  • 100% vegan and 100% DELICIOUS
  • Gluten-Free option provided as well
  • Always use your best judgment
  • Alter the recipe as you go to see what works; double it up or halve it for a single serving
  • Keep in mind the thicker your batter the more dense pancakes 
  • They get better with time :)

My latest round of Banana Pancakes
First round of Banana Pancakes

Comments

Popular Posts