Missing My Mat


I have been off my yoga mat and out of the teaching seat, the very place where I find peace and balance, since getting sick in November. They say that the physical asana practice is a very small piece of what yoga truly is. Everything I've known for keeping myself balanced and focused was put on pause. The past few months I have been practicing yoga off my mat, quieting my mind and calming my breath. I find that my true attachment to the physical asana was much more than I ever could have imagined, so I will view this as a blessing in disguise, again working on my journey with detachment. 

Photo Courtesy of Google Images

I choose to take this time as a true reset, to slow my mind, my body and my soul. Take this opportunity to find my place in this crazy adventurous world. I would by lying if I said that I wasn't sad having been forced to remove my mat and teaching from my daily life. This element has probably been one of the more challenging things I have had to deal with. I will say, it did bring be back to my true foundation and why I fell in love with yoga so many years ago. I have learned so much more about myself and what I want out of life. Being forced to stop and stare life straight in the eyes and say, "this is what I want and is what I love."

Photo Courtesy of Google Images

As I deal with the emotions that swirl around my busy body brain, I know my safe haven awaits. My perspective has changed, and will be forever humbled and grateful for that. When I start to explore this new world within, I can't wait for what will be on the other side. I am so ready for my yoga and my mat to take me to this vulnerable yet exciting place. 

Photo Courtesy of Google Images

So for those that ask why I do yoga? My answers is simply this, its my safe place to explore who I am and to learn what I am capable of doing. To those who ask why I love to teach yoga? I am so grateful for my students who teach more than I never knew possible. My yogi students have always and will always be my inspiration. I can't wait till March!

To light, love and happiness <3







Comments

Popular Posts