Guilt Free Fettuccine Alfredo

RECIPE THURSDAY!!!!!! Hope you all are having a great week. It's finally staying on the warmer side of things in Chicago. Still jacket weather, but just one layer versus five. So this weeks recipe is all about veggies!!!! My husband and I had spaghetti squash earlier this week and each time I eat it I remember how much I love it and what a great pasta replacement. Before giving up dairy one of my favorite meals was Fettuccine Alfredo. I'm not saying it was a healthy meal but man I LOVED it!

Image Courtesy of Google Images

So, the past few months I've been hell bent on trying to make a vegan Alfredo sauce. I have had some wins and some not quite wins :) I choose to not say failure, cause at least I tried, right?! I think I have finally figured it out, I made a cauliflower based Alfredo sauce, a bit skeptical, but I had to give it a go. WOW, my mind is blown!

Image Courtesy of Google Images

Not only is this Alfredo recipe delicious it's GUILT FREE! So I had to share this with you this week. My initial try, I mixed it with pasta, however my next stop is to try it on my spaghetti squash. VEGGIES ON TOP OF VEGGIES. I don't get a craving for Fettuccine Alfredo too frequently, however, when I do now, I get to eat it with ZERO thought of why and without that heavy feeling. So amped!

Now something I want to put out there, this doesn't have he buttery flavor of a traditional Alfredo sauce, so I want to make sure I keep a realistic expectation. This is a delicious vegan/soy free/gluten free Alfredo recipe. It sounds almost too healthy, but it does have a very creamy consistency.

So without further delay.......

Veggie Filled Fettuccine Alfredo

Image courtesy of my kitchen :)

Ingredients
  • 1 Spaghetti Squash (or pasta) 
  • 4 cups cauliflower florets (steamed) 
  • 1 tbsp Coconut Oil 
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic 
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk 
  • 1/4 cup nutritional yeast 
  • 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice 
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder 
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder 
  • 3/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper

Directions to prepare Spaghetti Squash
  • Boil water on medium heat 
  • Cut the squash in half and carve out pits and seeds 
  • Add both halves of the squash face down into boiling water 
  • Let it stand for 10/15 minutes 
  • Sprinkle some salt and pepper into boiling water 
  • Take squash out of water, fork a piece to check texture 
  • If test checks out fork remaining squash into a bowl 

Directions to prepare Cauliflower Alfredo
  • Steam Cauliflower for about 10 minutes or until tender 
  • Take coconut oil and garlic and sauté for 4 minutes 
  • Add all other ingredients to Nutri-Bullet or blender 
  • Add sautéed garlic and steamed cauliflower to Nutri-Bullet and blend together 
  • Take creamy sauce add to spaghetti squash 
  • Add a pinch of salt/pepper to taste 
  • Enjoy!!!!! 

Food should be treated as fuel, to help replenish your body with amazing nutrients to help you function at your highest potential. That will look different for each of us, and finding the 80/20 balance that works specific to you and your body. The BEST part about this recipe is it's delicious and it will FUEL your body. Again, mind blown!

Image Courtesy of Google Images

So try it out...find your toughest critique and master this. I love the idea of taking our health and wellness into our own hands and this is a step in that direction. Take our FAV meals, experiment in our own kitchen and find the right concoction that satisfies our craving while fueling our body with nutrients.

The biggest word of advice that I can give in keeping a healthy lifestyle is to find delicious replacements. If we don't enjoy the food we are eating, falling off track will be a constant pattern. Finding foods that SATISFY the craving, filled with NUTRIENTS that help keep us functioning at our greatest potential is key for a happy healthy life.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

It takes time, but once you find what works for you, it becomes second nature, a habit. It's hard to miss the unhealthy food options when the healthy ones are soooooo delicious. Own your health and wellness journey, however you choose to define. Love it! Live it! Own it!

Image Courtesy of Google Images

I hope this recipe brings you the joy it has brought me. On to the next :) To light, love and happiness!!!! <3 Ash

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts