Sweet Treats!!!

Recipe Thursday has arrived!!!!! I haven’t always had a sweet tooth, but in the past six months I have adopted one and that is for ICE CREAM. Now, I was the kid that loved my Baskin Robbins or even my Vanilla Cone from McDonald's. Especially on a hot summer day, the refreshing feeling of cool ice cream, you just can’t beat it. As I became more health conscious I realized how ice cream isn’t great for you. I became more aware. Once I gave up dairy, I thought I would never have it again. Boy was I wrong!

Image Courtesy of Google Images

I have found many dairy free options, which was a pleasant surprise. My fav is Trader Joe's Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream, WOAH! Then, when I was sick and couldn’t leave my house, I decided to get creative. I figured out all kinds of ways to make ice cream, and played with a lot. Some healthy recipes and some not so much, but those are definitely good to treat yourself too every now and again.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

Making homemade ice cream can be a process. A long process sometimes! After we got our NutriBullet, I was able to get after my banana ice cream recipe’s which gives me a sweet treat that is refreshing and healthy. Wait, did I read/write that correctly...healthy ice cream, why YES!

So this recipe is all about sweet treats! A healthy option and a not so healthy option you choose :)

Chocolate Chip Banana Ice Cream

A snapshot in my kitchen

Ingredients
  • 2 Frozen Banana
  • 1 Tsp of Cocoa (or to taste)
  • 1/2 Cup Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life, Whole Foods)
  • 1/2 Cup Almond Milk, on standby if needed

Directions
  • Freeze bananas for a minimum of 2-hours
  • Take banana's, cocoa and almond milk (if you choose to use), and add to your NutriBullet
  • Pulse everything until an ice cream consistency appears
  • Sprinkle Chocolate Chips on to the top of the ice cream
  • Serve & Enjoy!

Here is a picture of my favorite homemade Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream. This one takes a little more time to prepare, but is totally worth it. If you are interested in the below recipe send me a message and I will forward it along!


Again, health & wellness is all about moderation and treating yourself every now and again isn't the end of the world, especially if you choose to live an 80/20 lifestyle. Just remember, make it homemade, then you will know exactly whats in it. Enjoy the recipe, get creative, add some Peanut Butter or other frozen fruit. Have fun and know the ideas are limitless. This is also a GREAT treat for kiddos too!

To light, love and happiness <3 Ash

Comments

  1. Sounds like an adventure trying to make homemade ice cream, sounds like a great treat... i will try that and i need recipe plzzzzzz... thank u as always Joseph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jose, of course I will send over the second recipe. Both are fantastic options!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts