Self-Care is Key!

 Image Courtesy of Google Images

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday so far. It’s very snowy here is Chicago. When I looked outside this morning it was literally a winter wonderland. It’s so beautiful, but then I realized I actually had to leave my house. When I called to set up my two-hour massage, this wasn’t exactly the weather I had anticipated. I knew it would be cold, but a Blizzard Warning!


As I set my thoughts aside about not wanting to leave my house and put energy towards WHY I was leaving, I could feel the excitement within my body grow. Perspective shift. I called to make sure my massage was still a go, I called an Uber and I was off.  GHOST TOWN. No one was on the streets. The Uber ride didn’t take quite as long as imagined, so I was at my destination.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

Two hours later and I am feeling like a trillion bucks! This massage appointment was exactly what I needed and have needed since getting sick in November. It amazes me how wonderful my body can feel and reminds me how important self-care truly is. I’m very lucky to have monthly massages, but haven’t been able to do this in a few months now. Today has shown me, moving forward, I will get my monthly massage without question and and pamper myself a little.

  Image Courtesy of Google Images

Between the snow, my massage and having an awesome breakfast, I am inspired all over again. Looking forward to getting back on my mat when the doctor clears me to do so. To get back to meditation, teaching, self-care and so much more.  This morning has been JUST a snippet of what I can do to thank my body for running every day. That is the craziest thing, we tax our bodies so much and in return we tend to not take the time to rebuild them. We are given one body FOREVER so we must respect the temple we have been given.

Being invisibly sick has been such a challenge. For most, if you look at me, other than the fact I move slowly, you would have no idea how sick I have been. As I am getting back on my feet, I want to acknowledge the new person I am and honor the temple I live in. Realizing the simple things I used to take for granted. To understand each day we have an opportunity to change the world, even in the smallest dose.  We must practice kind words and actions.

 Image Courtesy of Google Images

Self-care will look different for each and every one of us, based off of our own bodies needs and desires. So here are just a few things I will continue to do for my self care plan-
  • Start each day with a full 8oz glass of water
  • Take a moment to visualize what I want to accomplish
  • Eat breakfast, kick start my metabolism
  • Eat healthy foods that will replenish and fuel my body
  • Get a monthly massage
  • Daily meditation
  • Daily exercise, however defined
  • Yoga...teach & take
  • Love and respect myself
  • Continue living an 80/20 lifestyle, we aren’t designed to be perfect! 
Image Courtesy of Google Images

So, if all I leave you with today is love yourself more, that works for me. We have all been given a beautiful opportunity and its our duty to REMOVE the notion that taking care of ourselves is selfish, it’s our responsibility. If we don’t, who will?!

Each day....
  • Ask yourself, what you want to accomplish AND visualize how you can make it happen
  • Remove fear and doubt from your mind
  • Get comfortable in the uncomfortable 
  • Most importantly, LOVE yourself
Continue on, in your beautiful journey of life and know you deserve the world. To light, love and happiness!!! <3 Ash


Comments

Popular Posts