Creating Magic in the Kitchen

So here’s to one of the first NOT snowy Sundays in a few weeks. So for that HAPPY SUNDAY! As I sit in my living room, staring out our window, I find this to be a very bittersweet moment. The next time I sit down to write my Sunday blog will be in our new place!

Image Courtesy of Google Images

Today I wanted to share another recipe of mine that I have fallen in love with. I call it Cashew Cheese Dip. This has become a staple in our household, something that gives me that cheesy fix, yet my stepdaughter and husband love it too. You can use it as a dip, a spread to compliment sandwiches, or even maybe just a spoonful to take care of a craving. Super easy to make and can last up to a week, but it never makes it here, cause everyone eats it really quickly.

Image Courtesy of Google Images

When I first gave up dairy it wasn’t easy by any stretch. I had to remind myself daily that my body was more important than consuming something that I had an allergic reaction too, no symptom was worth dealing with that would compromise my health. So my adventure began, I needed to find replacements for some of my favorite foods. Cheese has always been something I have loved and since giving up dairy, I will say that this dip changed my world and I hope you enjoy making it as well. So here is the recipe, and I really look forward to hearing how you enjoy!!!!! 

Cashew Cheese Dip


Ingredients
  • ½ Cup Cashews
  • 1 Red Bell Pepper (or any other peppers you prefer, I have had most luck with red)
  • ¼ Cup Water
  • 1 Tbsp. Tahini
  • 3 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
  • 1 ½ Tsp. Sea salt
  • 2 Tsp. Onion Powder
  • 1 Garlic Clover (or 1 Tsp. of Minced Garlic)
  • 2 Tbsp. of Lemon Juice
Directions
  • Soak cashews for at least 24 hours in filtered water, this is key!
  • Add all of your ingredients in a food process or NutriBullet
    • I will say since making the dip in our NutriBullet, it has changed this dip for the BETTER, however, I used our Target food processor for 4 years, so don’t feel like you need to run out and buy something new.
  •  Grind everything together for 3-5 minutes, until there is an ULTRA smooth texture
  • Taste test for sure, I tend to ask my stepdaughter, because she will ALWAYS be honest

Notes
  • Soaking your cashews make the dip very creamy, which I like, if you are in a pinch for time, soak for at least 2 hours
  • If you run out of red peppers or don’t have any in the house, you can always use another pepper, just know whatever color you use, your dip will be that color

So my challenge for you, listen to your body. If you find you have an intolerance or allergy to something, feel free to send me a message. I would love to help you find a healthier option that will fuel your body rather than harm your body. To light, love and happiness!!!! <3 Ash

Comments

Popular Posts